FAQ (Frequently Answered Question)¶
About Exercise Classroom and Training Server (sol.edu.cc.uec.ac.jp)****
About UEC Account¶
- What is the UEC account?
- How and where is the UEC account issued and distributed
- UEC アカウント通知をメールを受け取りましたが中身が読めません
- Does the UEC have an expiry date?
- Can I use the UEC account while on leave from the university?
- The password expiry date has passed and I am unable to use the UEC account. What should I do?
- I have forgotten my UEC account password. What should I do?
- When I tried to log in, I was asked for an authentication code in addition to the password. What should I enter?
- I am unable to log into WebClass, which I was previously able to access. What should I do?
- I am unable to log into the academic information system, which I was previously able to access. What should I do?
- I am due to be appointed, but I need a UEC account for preparation. What should I do?
- I was contacted by email or telephone by somebody saying they “wanted me to tell them my UEC account password”. Also, I was asked to reset my password by an unknown site (a non-uec.ac.jp domain). What should I do?
- What happens to my UEC account after graduation, completion or retirement?
- I have moved on to graduate school. Can I still use the undergraduate UEC account?
- I have forgotten my 2-factor authentication settings
- There is a message that says “2-factor authentication is not set. Log in from the user WebUI and perform [2-factor authentication configuration].” What should I do?
- Some servers failed to change the user information. Please contact your system administrator. message appeared. What should I do?
About UEC Cloud Account¶
- What is the UEC Cloud Account?
- How and where is the UEC Cloud account issued and distributed?
- I would like to change my password for my UEC Cloud account, how do I do that?
- I forgot my password for my UEC Cloud account. What should I do?
- Does the UEC Cloud Account have an expiry date?
- Can the UEC Cloud account be used after graduation, course completion or retirement?
- Are procedures required for the issue of the UEC Cloud account?
- Suddenly, I cannot log in to my UEC Cloud account. What should I do?
- “The login settings do not meet the 2-factor authentication process policy determined by your organization” is displayed, and I am unable to log in. What should I do?
- I don’t know how to use the backup code I received from the Information Technology Center.
- I tried to log in to my UEC Cloud account, but the message “Deleted account” is displayed. What should I do?
- I am not in charge of any classes (I am an office worker). Is it necessary for me to configure a UEC Cloud account?
- Is the UEC Cloud account issued to part-time teachers?
- Configuration of 2FA requires a smartphone or telephone number. However, I do not have a telephone that I can always carry with me. What should I do?
- Can I link the UEC Cloud account to an external service and use it as ID for a login etc?
- Can you issue a UEC cloud account that can be shared and used by departments?
About INFOSS and Pledge¶
- I don’t know if my INFOSS or pledge has been completed. Where can I find out?
- My access was restricted because I did not complete INFOSS or the pledge by the deadline. How can I get the restriction lifted?
- I have completed INFOSS and the Pledge, but my access restrictions have not been lifted. When will the restrictions be lifted?
About Campus e-mail¶
About mail for @edu.cc.uec.ac.jp¶
- I have been unable to receive email (IMAP, POP3) after changing the UEC account password (IMAP, POP3).
- The emails I intended to send did not reach the recipient. I did not receive emails I expected to receive.
- The email I sent, received, or both, has garbled characters
- [SPAM] is added to the title of a legitimate e-mail.
- I get a warning message like “Thunderbird trusts exceptionally…” during Thunderbird auto-configuration.
About mail for @uec.ac.jp¶
About other e-mail systems in the campus¶
About Campus-wide license¶
About campus license for Microsoft products and services¶
About Adobe Campus-wide license¶
About Private IP address¶
About UEC Wireless¶
- My UEC Wireless (campus-wide wireless LAN) connection is broken immediately.
- UEC Wireless に先ほどまでは繋がっていたのに繋がらなくなった
- Cannot connect to UEC Wireless (campus wireless LAN)
- I can connect to UEC Wireless (campus wireless LAN), but cannot connect to the Internet.
- 院に進学したらUEC Wirelessが接続できなくなった
- When I try to connect to UEC Wireless with my Android smartphone, it asks me to install a CA certificate.
- After initializing my PC, UEC Wireless, VPN, and Thunderbird are no longer available.
- I want to connect directly to off-campus using VPN with UEC Wireless.
About SOCKS Proxy¶
About Google Workspace¶
- [Classroom] I am in charge of a class, but I cannot create a class because I was not registered as a “teacher”. What should I do to register as a “Teacher”?
- [Meet] Unable to connect to the meeting from the campus network or the connection is unstable.
- [Gmail] 電通大Gmail (@gl.cc.uec.ac.jp) からメールの転送設定ができません．どうすれば転送できますか？
- [Gmail] 電通大Gmailのメールをメールアプリで読むと，メール本文のリンクに「https://www.google・・・」のような文字が追加されています．アクセスしても大丈夫でしょうか？
About Microsoft 365¶
- What is a Microsoft account for UEC ?
- What services are available?
- The display name is set to UEC account. Can I change it?
- What is the difference between A5 and A1?
- Which license does my account have, A5 or A1?
- I don’t know how to install Office on my PC.
- I can’t sign in to Microsoft
- When I try to log in to Microsoft Teams with my UEC Microsoft account, I get a message that says, Your Microsoft account does not exist. Please enter a different account or create a new account. and the login fails.
- Microsoft Teams を学外の方をゲストユーザーとして登録し，使用することは出来ますか？
- Microsoft Teamsについて，終了・退職などにより，学生・教職員のユーザの削除，Microsoftアカウントが削除された場合，チャットの内容や添付ファイルは消えてしまいますか．
- Windows PC に Microsoft アカウントを登録することは出来ますか？